2nd Bootle Scout Group is one of 14 Scout Groups in Altside District, (covering Sefton and Kirkby).
Altside is one of 11 Districts that make up Merseyside Scout Council.
Our roots extend back to 1948, when the name was first registered on 3rd February 1948, with Mr. N. F. Thomas as Scoutmaster. The group operated from The Pavilion, Arnside. Litherland L21.
We are not sure how, when or why the group closed, but it was re-registered on 29th September 1976, by Bob Neary. Again, we are not sure where the group operated from, or for how long!
Finally, we re-opened at St. Elizabeth of Hungary school on the 15th June 1994 and have been going strong ever since then.