Initial things to do.
- Permission from school – completed
- DC informed/permission sort – completed & section opened on Compass
- Readiness checklist – completed
- Group Exec informed/on board – tbc
- Sectional budget confirmed – completed
- Sectional leaders in place – Nicola and Ami confirmed.
Need to confirm on Compass what Nicola needs to upgrade to become the Squirrel leader: Training for all appointments | Scouts+Section Leader training | Scouts. Ami fully warranted and able to support Nicola and covering each other around work shift patterns.
- New section CS form to be sent to HQ – completed
- OSM upgraded and new section added – completed
- Equipment purchases – what’s needed?
- Advertise new section on FB page – done
- Devise how often parents should commit and build a Parent rota – in hand
- Ami to integrate YL’s with the program – in hand
- Open new section 5th October 2022
Ratios: 1 adult per 6 children plus the leader in charge – indoor
Size: maximum of 12 children, initially ring fenced from siblings within other sections of the group.
Program & other links:
How to run a Squirrel Drey: How to run a Squirrel Drey | Scouts
The Family-led model: The family-led Scouting trials | Scouts
Running your program: Squirrels starter programme | Scouts
Programme Planning | Scouts
The Squirrels programme | Scouts
Helping Squirrels take the lead: Helping Squirrels take the lead | Scouts
Uniform – red tops: Squirrels (scouts.org.uk) – 20 purchased
Mandatory Training to be completed ASAP:
Ami: First aid 10: First Aid | Scouts or provide a First Aid at Work certificate
Nicola: Getting Started (to be completed in first 5 months) Getting started training | Scouts
First Aid 10: First Aid | Scouts or provide a First Aid at Work certificate
Safety Training: Safety Training | Scouts
Safeguarding: Safeguarding | Scouts
Squirrels Parent Pack: Download